Practical Leadership Programs
A List of Practical Leadership Programs:
- Certificate in nonprofit leadership & management
- Author and maintain “Rising to the Challenge” – a downloadable set of exportable, “self-serve” leadership training
- Communities In Schools
- Medical Center Hospital Teen Leadership Program
- Special program for children of migrant workers – ESC Regions
- Conduct leadership training for the Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Odessa – young professionals
- Interdisciplinary leadership certificates – coming soon…
- Hosting regular Toastmasters sessions
- Texas Leadership Educators Workshop
- Conflict resolution – working in teams
- Informative Town Halls
People follow leaders. It is not enough to “know” about leadership because leadership is not simply theory—it is action. Leaders must know what to expect and how to respond to a variety of challenges.
The Shepperd Practical Leadership Workshops are designed to teach the basics of leadership and provide the toolsets necessary to create positive change in all areas of life. Sessions are practical and interactive. They are “hands-on”, and network driven.
Transferable leadership concepts are acquired through demonstrations, role-playing, question and answer sessions, and practical applications. Key leaders with experience and specialized skills interact with participants while offering mentoring opportunities.
The over-riding goal of each workshop is to enhance the everyday, practical skills required to lead effectively and efficiently in any environment. From the workshops, participants will gain valuable new insights, new behaviors, and new relationships with other future leaders.
The Institute team has the practical expertise, credentials, and the experience to develop a variety of leadership skills which will meet the specific needs of any organization of any size. Continual research and updating of available programs round out this unique aspect of the Shepperd Leadership Institute.